Wednesday 21 September 2016

Olympic Artwork

Olympic Artwork


Screenshot 2016-09-22 at 9.59.08 AM.png


This term in Room 10 we have been working hard doing olympic artwork with similes and metaphors, tessellations and words that describe the olympics on it.

In this piece of art is there are similes and metaphors, can you tell which is which?  There is also a tessellation in the background and on the outside is the three olympic values, the medal colors, the country it was held in and the year it was.  A tessellation is also a repeating pattern with no gaps or overlapping.  And a simile is something that has like or as in it but a metaphor is a word or phrase that is used to make a comparison between two people, things, animals or places.

For the picture we had to find an athlete cut its head out and take a picture of ourselves.  Next I had to cut out my head then put my head onto her body and stick it onto the tessellation.  

The easiest part in my art was coloring in the letters but the hardest part was the tessellation because I took for long to just draw it. I think my piece of artwork turned out well because of the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment